Procedure following a death
Organizing your loved one’s funeral
Our dedicated team is here to help you from the very first moment you pick up the phone.
A meeting will be set with the funeral director, who will lend an attentive and empathic ear and help you navigate the choices for the funeral based on your values, needs and budget. We will clearly explain the various possibilities available to help you plan what we call a “Celebration of Life.”
This initial appointment lasts approximately two hours and will provide you with all the information you need about the various stages to come.
What do I need to bring to the appointment?
- Photographs of the deceased (including recent ones) for the obituary in the newspaper and on the website, for memorial bookmarks and for thank-you cards.
- A list of people the deceased is survived by that you want mentioned in the funeral announcement (the director will help you to write it)
- Health insurance card, social insurance number and other civil status documents (birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc.)
- The deceased’s clothing, underwear and socks
- The deceased’s glasses and dentures, if applicable
- The deceased’s makeup (lipstick, nail varnish, etc.), if applicable
- The deceased’s jewellery, rosary or other personal items
- The name of the deceased’s cemetery and plot number, if applicable
Exclusive services to help you through this difficult time
Urgel Bourgie / Athos’ Serenity Services are one-of-a-kind. They are specifically designed to
help and comfort you through this challenging period. The complete range of
exclusive services includes:
- Prise en charge
If the family wishes, we will publish the deceased’s obituary on our website for free.
Scrypta — your loved one’s life story
Scrypta is a unique, secure application developed for our customers. It’s an exclusive webpage that acts as a permanent memorial for the deceased. The deceased’s loved ones can shape the memorial by sharing their memories in the form of pictures, videos, music and words.
We will assist you through the various stages of the government process.
Emails and social media
We can help you shut down the deceased’s email and social media accounts.
Get your ideas and affairs in order. Ensure you are familiarized with all the aspects of a death and gather all the essential information with our Provision Folder.
We can provide you with a one-hour consultation with a notary, free of charge.
We can provide you with three free consultations with a professional psychotherapist or a membership in Réflexions du Cœur’s Cœur à Cœur program.
We hold group
memorial ceremonies in our memorial gardens on holidays such as Mother’s Day
Cimetières et columbariums
Nos majestueux cimetières-jardin sont à la fois accueillants et intimes. Venez vous recueillir en ces lieux de paix, seul ou en compagnie de vos proches. À votre disposition, se trouvent également des mausolées, des chapelles et des columbariums.
Retrouvez tous les services nécessaires à la célébration de vos êtres chers sous un même toit.