We’re always available.
Regardless of the time of day, we’re available 24/7.
Simply call 1 844 735-2025.
One of our funeral directors will immediately become your go-to resource to guide you through all the steps that need to be taken when a loved one has passed.
Your funeral director will schedule a meeting with you to understand your needs, values and options. This meeting lasts approximately 2 hours. The funeral director will clearly explain the different possibilities you have to plan, what we call, your loved one’s Life Celebration.
What you need to bring when you meet with one of our funeral directors
- Government-issued health card, social insurance number and any other documents for the Directeur de l’état civil (birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc.)
- Clothing, underwear and socks of the deceased
- Glasses and dentures, if applicable
- Makeup (lipstick, nail polish, etc.), if applicable
- Rosary, jewelry or other personal effects
- Pictures, including a recent one for the obituary section in your preferred newspaper, on our web site, on guest remembrance bookmarks or thank you cards.
- List of people survived by the deceased that you would like to mention in the obituary. The funeral director will help you write the obituary, too.
- Name of the cemetery and plot number, if applicable.
Death abroad and repatriation
If a person who resides in Québec but passes away while travelling outside of Canada, the first thing you should do is contact us at 1 844 735-2025. Our experienced professionals will initiate the steps required to repatriate your loved one and organize the funeral.
In the case of repatriation from Québec to a location outside of Canada, Urgel Bourgie / Athos will make sure that everything is taken care of to satisfy the requirements of government authorities (embassies, consulates, etc.), airlines and the funeral home in the foreign country.
A complete range of exclusive services for you and your loved ones
With our unique Serenity Services, we provide all the comfort needed to cope with the grief and mourning following the passing of a loved one.
Urgel Bourgie / Athos’ wide array of Serenity Services includes:
At the time of the death, we publish the obituary of the deceased on our web site at no charge.
We will help you with legal and governmental documentations.
We offer 3 consultations with a professional psychotherapist at no charge.
We will guide you to close email and social media accounts.
Make things simple. Put your affairs in order, protect your family, and let them know your last wishes with our Foresight Guide.
Should one of your children and/or grandchildren pass away before the age of 18, we will take care of the costs related to the funeral services.
Should a member of your family pass away during the 60-day coverage period, we will take care of the costs related to the funeral services.
Commemoration ceremonies of your loved ones take place in one of our memorial gardens.
We offer an hour consultation with a notary at no charge.
To learn more about our Serenity Services,
contact one of our counselors today by telephone at 1 844 735-2025 ou by email.